Chao Sam Phraya Museum, Ayutthaya is famous for the display of gold jewelry, Buddha images, ancient paintings and other objects that were dug up during the refurbishment of the popular Wat Ratchaburana.

It was built in 1959. It is believed that this museum was constructed with the money gained from Buddha slabs. This slab was discovered from Wat Ratchaburana vault. Interestingly, the name of this museum is credited to Somdet Phra Borom Rachathirat II, popularly known as Chao Samphraya. It is upheld that the vault was built under his rule which contributed to the construction of this Museum. And thus to pay tribute to Chao Samphraya, this museum was named after him.